Oakland- Rev. John D. Fenlason, 78, passed away on May 15, 2017, at Inland Hospital in Waterville.\r\n\r\nRev. John was born on April 20, 1939, in Waterville to Ralph and Madeline Fenlason. He lived in Oakland most his life and graduated from Williams High School in 1957 with honor’s.\r\n\r\nRev. John married Esther R. DePeter of Portland in 1958. He had many jobs as he worked at an auto body shop for seven years, Scott Paper Company, he drove school bus for 15 years, he was a substitute teacher at the Watervillle Vocational Center for 10 years, but what he was most proud of was the two churches that he started in the area.\r\n\r\nRev. John was the founder of the Pentecostal Church of Faith along with his wife and children in 1979. He had resigned from Scott Paper to spend more time working for the church and the young people within the church. He continued to pastor the church until fall of 2004 when the church was turned over to Vineyard Ministries.\r\n\r\nHe was predeceased by his parents; and his brother Lowell.\r\n\r\nRev. John is survived by his wife Esther; daughter Doreen Demarest and her husband Michael of Lisbon; son Kevin and wife Dianne of Winthrop; his siblings, Ronald and his wife Louise of Oakland, and Rosalie and her husband Robin of Florida; sister-in-law Shirley; eight grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews. \r\n\r\nA funeral service will be held on Thursday, May 18, at 11 a.m. at Lawry Brothers Funeral, 107 Main St., Fairfield. Burial will follow at Pine Grove Cemetery in Falmouth.\r\n\r\nIn lieu of flowers, please make a donation to MaineGeneral Hospice or to the Parkinson’s Disease Foundation.